You can learn Fishman Karate by talking to Jin, a master of Fishman Karate. He is located in front of the castle where you fight Neptune, in Fishman Island. In order to obtain Fishman Karate, the player needs 75 Shark Teeth (Dropped by Sharks), 30000 and the Fishman race.
Unlike most other fighting styles, Fishman Karate's moveset damage scales with it's mastery instead of strength.
Learning Fishman Karate will add a unique category to your stats called Fishman Karate Mastery, which unlocks and increases the damage of the skills from the fighting style. After obtaining Fishman Karate, you will have to talk to the style trainer to obtain each skill. For the fishman karate fighting style, the maximum M1 damage is 50, with 560 skill points in strength. Spending more than 560 skill points would lead to no damage increase. With Borj’s Armor, the M1 damage caps at 50 at 531 skill points.
- High M1 damage cap.
- Water Prison is a combo extender
- Two blockbreakers
- Five Thousand Brick Fist, Water Serpent
- Great for leveling due to Shark Barrage
- Well rounded in all aspects of the game, whether it's PvE or PvP
- Great for farming bosses
- Most Fishman Karate moves do not get the huge damage buff from Busoshoku Haki. Only M1s and Five-Thousand Brick Fist get buffed, probably due to their being the only physical contact moves.
- Very poor M1 scaling compared to other melee fighting styles (like Black Leg).
- Bad scaling on some moves (Water Serpent and Water Bomb)
- Requires the most stat points out of every fighting style
- All of the skills scale off of Fishman Karate mastery and not Strength, meaning you need to put lots of skill points into both categories for both M1 damage and moveset damage.
- Most skills do not work in mid-air
- Heavy stamina usage
- Abuse Shark Barrage as much as possible, as in Update 5 it got a buff, making it stun.
- Use Water Prison to your advantage when dealing with crowds of people, as it can hit multiple people, making it lethal. In 2v2s, this becomes deadly.
- Try to use your moves while on the ground, as being in mid-air glitches some moves, such as Water Bomb.
- Despite being the ultimate, Water Bomb is ultimately not worth it. It's best to not use it when in PvP scenarios, as it only proves decent in crowded fights.
- All of Fishman Karate's moves scale off of Fishman Karate Mastery and will have no change in damage with strength. The only exception to this is the M1. As a result, it requires a large amount of stat points to use to its fullest potential compared to other fighting styles like Rokushiki or Black Leg that scale off Strength and only require mastery to unlock skills.
- This is one of the few fighting styles that is locked by a Race, being Fishman.